Search This Blog

Monday 12 August 2013

I love you more than… red velvet cake with cream cheese icing!


Today, Monday August 12, 2013 marks the four year anniversary of mine and Aaron’s first date.  About a week ago I began to ponder, is it okay to celebrate your first date if you’re now married? 
So what is any girl to do when posed with such an important life altering question?  Why GOOGLE it of course!  There were many mixed reviews.  Some very opinionated ladies exclaimed “NO!” while others simply suggested each person do what is right for them.  The latter however, in my humble opinion opens the floodgates for crazies the world round to make a huge deal out of every single moment.  Next thing you know I am going to have to wade through the onslaught of facebook statuses proclaiming celebration of first kisses, first coitus, first family dinner, first toot in front of significant other, first time holding hands etc. etc.
What’s a girl to do with no many differing opinions and no black and white answer?  So in the end I conferred with the only other person who really mattered in this situation; my husband.  Initially, he answered with a  resounding no to the suggestion of a fourth year celebration, however with a tad bit of discussion, it was decided that our most important anniversary is our wedding day but we will acknowledge our first date-iversary with a low key date out to the movies.  If anything it is an excuse to go on a date because let’s be honest, life gets hectic and sometimes you forget to enjoy each other. 
Four years ago today, on a Wednesday my husband picked me up and took me to see “Funny People”.  It was not the best first date movie, but it didn’t matter because it was the first date that led to the rest of my life. 
Aaron, I love you more than I can express!  It’s been the best four years of my life and I am so thrilled to be your wife xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment