Search This Blog

Monday 22 October 2012

Chapter 1 - Book Two

Here I am, not at the beginning and not at the end.  Somewhere in the first half of a ten book series.... I hope.

Where to start?  I guess I should start with why I have decided to write a blog.  To start with, I never journal anymore.  I used to but somewhere in the rush of adult life and the transition from adolescence I just stopped.  I guess life got too busy and with all the lit reviews and other tedious school assignments all the fun was sucked right out of writing for pleasure.  So here I am on the precipice of a massive life event and I would like to have some documentation of the journey.  And let's be honest I wouldn't mind a bit of insight and maybe a list of resources if it wouldn't be too much of a bother.

On August 24th 2012, after just over three years of dating, my amazing boyfriend whisked me up to Shannon Falls, BC and asked me to marry him.  I said YES! of course and here we are planning our wedding.  As a first time bride-to-be I have no clue as to what I am doing.  I am honestly making it up as I go along, but thankfully I am detail oriented and very organized (or as everyone else likes to refer to it: controlling and particular).

I'm the kind of person who needs to get all my thoughts out so I can reflect and categorize them according to priority and make lists.  My lovely fiance, as much as he loves me really does not need to analyze every thought process with me even though I would love it if he did.

The wedding is less than 10 months away and I am definitely starting to feel the pressure to get vendors booked.  Where did the time go?? Didn't we just get engaged?? What the hell! Weeks matter in wedding planning world.  A week could mean the difference of the caterer of your dreams and an additional $1000 out of the wedding budget! EEEEKKKKK! That is NOT and option!!

Well wish me luck and I will keep you posted on the vendors we book and if I start losing hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment